Practice 9. Analysing the functioning of a parents’ association.

Analysing the functioning of a parents's association.

Questions.


What preliminary ideas do I have about the topic?
Some initial ideas I had about this topic was from the theory lesson 9, but most of it was from the AMPA in my school. My parents used to be part of the AMPA in my school and I had some idea of what the association does but thats about it. 

What have I learned?
I have learned that its a parent–teacher association/organization to facilitate parental participation in a school.
I have also learned that the general law of the functioning of these associations is LODE. That the representation is the school board and also they can ask for meetings with the management team and some advantages and disadvantages of being part of these associations.

What is more difficult for me to learn?

The most difficult thing for me in this practice was finding a school where they had the information that we needed. But also understanding the importance of these associations and how they work, so I have found a well explained video about parents teacher association
What do I need to learn more?
I need to learn more about the role of each one of them, in this case this website explains the roles and activities that need to take place in the parents association. 
https://www.schooldays.ie/articles/role-of-the-parents-association


What knowledge can I generate?
Knowing now how important parents/guardians in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children. This can be usefull for my future career.
I think some activities like fund raising is a good idea, some welcome events for new students to the school, arranging reunions on topics of interest to parents.


Bibliographic references.


Schooldays.ie. Parenting & Education in Ireland. Roles of the parents association. [online] Available on: https://www.schooldays.ie/articles/role-of-the-parents-association

"What is a PTA? - Definition & Role." Study.com, 30 November 2019, study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-a-pta-definition-role.html
https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-a-pta-definition-role.html

Comments